Easy Pumpkin Chai Latte
There are lots of pumpkin chai latte recipes floating around in the netherworlds of the Web. Some of them are a tad on the complicated side, and I don’t know about you, but if I can’t throw together a tea recipe in under five minutes, it’s probably not gonna happen.
Before I get to the recipe, how about some fun trivia? I mean, I keep seeing recipes for chai latte, but I would kinda wonder, “What is that?” I mean, chai is a spiced tea drink made with milk, while a latte is a coffee drink made with espresso and milk . (I googled it.) Since there is no coffee in this recipe, doesn’t that just make it a fancy chai tea recipe? Technically, I say yes, but saying Pumpkin Chai Latte sounds so much more sophisticated, so let’s just go with that. Besides, everybody’s doing it. 😉
Pumpkin Chai Latte
1. Brew 1 cup strong tea, whatever kind you prefer. I use green tea, but feel free to use black tea or something else.
2 Add 1/4 cup coconut milk, warmed.
3. Add 1 to 2 Tablespoons honey.
4. Add 1 Tablespoon pumpkin puree (You can leave this out if you prefer. It’s still delicious without it!)
5. Lastly, add spices. I add cinnamon, ginger, ground cloves, but you could also add cardamom, nutmeg, or black pepper. I just add a dash of each, to taste.
6. Stir vigorously to incorporate the honey and pumpkin and then- enjoy!
Please give this a try and come back to tell me how you liked it! It’s the easy way to make chai!