Acne-Busting Facial Mask
I’ve been using this mask for a few years now and love the results, but had gotten a tad lazy with my skin care routine and hadn’t used it in a while. I’ve definitely noticed a greasier feel to my skin since the weather has gotten hot and humid here in Kansas. I whipped this mask up the other night, and was amazed all over again at how well it works! Especially when I woke up in the morning, I thought, “Wow! My skin looks great!”
This mask is especially great for summer as it reduces oiliness while drawing toxins out of the skin. Even if you don’t have acne, I think you will love the results.
What You Need:
1 Tbs Bentonite Clay (I use this brand)
1 Tbs raw apple cider vinegar (I use this brand)
What You do:
Mix clay and vinegar in a small bowl (do not use any metal utensils). Add a little more vinegar for a thinner consistency or more clay for a thicker consistency.
Apply to face using your fingertips. Avoid the eye area. Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes before washing off.
What to expect
As the clay dries, it hardens, and you will definitely feel the slight tightening sensation on your skin! Your skin may be slightly red for 30 minutes or so after washing off the mask, this is normal.
Why It Works
The word on the street is that bentonite clay produces an electrical charge when mixed with liquids, which in turn helps to draw out toxins from the skin. Bentonite clay also contains beneficial minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and others.
The antibacterial properties of apple cider vinegar are great for banishing acne and the acids in the vinegar exfoliate and soften the skin.
Bonus! Five more skin care tips
1. Wash your pillowcases frequently. At least once a week is preferable.
2. Wipe off your cell phone screen daily. Norwex’s optic scarf is perfect for this job! Plus, it’s pretty.
3. Clean your makeup brushes once a month. (Guilty face here.)
4. When I do break out, I reach for melaleuca oil. Just a dab on a zit and it’s gone by the next day!
5. My biggest skin care tip? Eat a whole, real food diet, free from processed foods, sugar, . Sorry! No short cuts here! This one may not be as simple as changing your pillow case, but it will make the biggest difference!
What are your favorite skin care tips? Share them with me in the comments!